Saturday, September 8, 2007

Of .......

Have you ever walked up to someone and said hello and realize he/she isn't the person you thought he/she was?

On the tram heading back to Lygon street
"Hey, how are you man." *gives the typical male handshake.
"Hey, I'm good. Yourself? *had this do i know you look written on his face.
"I'm good, I'm good, are u going for the Trinity College play?"
"Huh, Trinity college play?"

Oh crap, hahahaha mistaken Anup for another Indian guy. Hey, i swear to you its an honest mistake. And i made a new friend alright. His name is Ashwin! Take that =P


I realize I know little. Very little. I'm proud, too proud of my strengths. Mind you, I know very well what my weakness are and thus the pride I have. I could accept constructive criticism on my weaknesses, but as soon as you come anyway near my strengths, i would shut whatever you have to say about it out. I would ignore the words you say and it would have no effect. But the past few weeks made me realize what little I know. What I need is to be humbled, break down and torn apart before being able to learn this very valuable lesson.

Got to learn how to submit to authority, rebellious by nature, I find having someone above me hard. Really hard. Submitting to someone who have benefit in return isn't hard, e.g. employer-employee relationship. Its submitting to peers which i find hard. To be a good leader you must first be a good follower, gotta keep that in mind.

Gotta realize I'm am the same level like every human being on this earth. I am not a level above nor am i a level below. This superiority complex must be overcome. I need so much more humility and empathy. Yup, those 2 qualities are greatly missing in my life. Cocky and arrogant I am, but i hope to be so much better.

Its going to be hard, but no one said its going to be easy. Life on earth is a journey, never a destination. So yup, dream like you will live forever and live like you will die today. Till next time. Cheers~!

2 comments:

sudeep said...

HAHAH! I burst out laughing when i read that Anoop bit. First you can't get his name right, then u can't spell it right and now you can't even spot him right. Hhahaha!!!

Jian said...

i know man. its so bloody humiliating =P