Thursday, January 17, 2008

Week 2~

Its -1 degrees today and I'm happy. Hehehe, its one of the warmer days of winter (It usually around -10 deg).


I'm in my 2nd week of class and what do I observed?


University of Toronto (UofT) is HUGE, like 3 times bigger than University of Melbourne. The amount of walking you do could make you a model in days. (Results may vary depending on food intake) =P


I hardly see and drunks around, maybe the weather is too cold, or maybe people here are just nicer or Maybe both.


China people are treated as equals. I mean honestly in Melbourne they get bullied cause they can't speak English. But the locals here actually take the initiative and communicate with them. They try so hard to understand them. And because of that, talking to a 2nd year China student ( i use China not Chinese to aviod confusion) is like talking to probably a China student whom have been staying in Melbourne for 5 years.



Toronto have 3 China towns, 1 Korean town, 1 Indian town, and I Italy town. Talk about diversity. The majority of asian locals here are Korean decent.


Toronto have a community call LGBTQ. I am not joking, it stands for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual and Queer community. Thats how tolerant the community is. I entered a church the other day and they provide an evening service just for gay people. Interesting....


Halls has been pretty fun, going out, meeting new people... its definately easier to integrate here. (:


Recession is coming, the Canada stock market dropped again, and so did the Australian stock market. Beginning to have an interest in the business side of the world (usually ignores the business section of all the newspaper i read). But I realize that in a year and a half time, i would graduate. I would be earning my own money. I would be supporting myself. And its a dog eat dog world out there, every corner lurks someone who would ask you to hand over your money for them to invest in ETC ETC. Like Warren buffet say "Rule no.1: Never lose money, rule no.2: Never forget rule no.1"


Roar time for some investment homework!

Picture of the day:

The Niagara Falls. Its not as magnificent as on the discovery channel though =P

No comments: