Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Of Skyloft

Last week was my first time snowboarding in Canada, and I was so excited. I expected all the Mountains to be like Whistler In British Columbia. But the mountain-Skyloft was a joke. Imagine groom snow on a BLACK RUN? For those who don't know anything about the colour of the slopes, a Green Circle is the beginner slope, follow by a Blue Square which is an intermediate slope and finally a Black Diamond which is for professionals. It might vary in different countries, E.G. in most of Europe they have a Red which is in between Blue and Black.

So let me tell you about Skyloft. It has only ONE ski lift and all the slopes are groomed. They only difficulty difference between the colours are due to the steepness and not due to obstacles etc. So one can look very good going down a Black Diamond. A friend of mine was Recording us Ski/Snowboard. Doesn't that speak volumes?

But I'm not saying that it sucks, its a very nice place to pick up snowboarding/skiing or improve your skills in jumps lol. The snow is powdery and non-icy and it doesn't hurt when you fall, at least not as much =P
Oh but this wasn't an incident free trip for me, while exciting the ski lift as shown below
I bump into a little girl who ran across to meet her instructor. I tried my very best to stop and minimize the impact. But i guess the size difference is too large. Remember kids, always look both ways before crossing.Naren(left) and Wiebka(middle) have never snowboard before and they did an amazing job for first timers.


Antione(right) is the crazy motherf**ker who video taped us going down the slopes. "I ski in the Alps, this is too easy, makes me look good."

Being the only Snowboarder of the group, I constantly got harass by 6 skiers to hurry up and strap on.

Heading to Blue Mountains this weekend and its said to be at least 10 times better than the last one. They probably would have more ski lifts =P Till next time!

No comments: